| “The Goo has no flight capabilities that we are currently aware of. However the Tempest, originally engineered as an atmospheric monitoring unit, is capable of destroying any aerial threats within its range.”|
|Type||Anti-air ground unit|
|Produced by||2x per Small protean|
|Rate of fire||1.50s|
|Traits|| Fires while moving |
The Tempest is a Goo anti-air ground unit.
The Tempest "juggles" three projectiles suspended in the air above its body. These projectiles can be launched at enemy aircraft, exploding on contact.
Built to ascend to towering heights on terrain to gather weather readings, the Tempest evolved to watch the sky, but for a different reason. Three projectiles are suspended above its body at a time, striking any enemy aircraft that comes overhead and exploding to infect any other aircraft in the formation.
- Tempests can climb onto high terrain, allowing them to gain a large vantage on the skies and land around them.
- The Tempest loads three shots at a time, and must reload after firing them off.
- Shots fired from the Tempest not only damage the enemy they strike, but also generate AoE damage that affects any nearby enemies.
| Catalytic barrage upgrade|
Tempest can now use its shots as an artillery weapon. The artillery shares available charges with the anti-air ability.
| Surveillance virus upgrade|
Tempest shots attach a scout drone that reveals the map around the target object for a duration.
| Goo corruption upgrade|
The Tempest now also deals damage over time to the target.
- ↑ Grey Goo - Goo: Agents of Chaos. YouTube. Retrieved 2015-02-06.
- ↑ Petroglyph Games, Grey Box, Grey Goo. January 23, 2015.