| “Once a bioscanner, the Striders are now the main weapon of the Goo force. They assemble quickly and have a plasma projectile effective at puncturing armoured units.”|
|Type||Light ground unit|
|Produced by||2x per Small protean|
|Rate of fire||1.25s|
The Strider is a Goo light ground unit designed with the primary purpose to puncture and destroy enemy armored units. Striders are slow and often make up the bulk of a Goo army.The Strider's counterparts are the Human's Revolver and the Beta's Stalker.
During the Celestial Age, the Strider acted as the Goo’s biologist, cataloging planetary flora and fauna without damaging the ecosystem. When the Awakening occurred, its survey equipment was evolved to a shard cannon with a projectile that can tear through the heavily armored units.
- Striders are a good starting class, able to raise large numbers in a short amount of time.
- The Strider’s piercing shot makes it effective against armored enemies.
- Keeping Striders near your Mother Goo is a good way to keep her protected.
- ↑ Grey Goo - Goo: Agents of Chaos. YouTube. Retrieved 2015-02-06.
- ↑ Petroglyph Games, Grey Box, Grey Goo. January 23, 2015.