| “The simplest of these units is the Drover. Originally designed to serve a terrain, they are now capable of firing a blast of deadly projectiles. They are small, but they are very dangerous in large groups.”|
|Produced by||4 per Small protean|
|Area of effect||250|
|Rate of fire||1s|
|Traits||Fires while moving|
The Drover is a Goo light ground unit.
Considered a scout of the Goo masses, Drovers are fast and can be devastating to enemy units when in large groups. Drovers are almost never seen alone, often seen traveling in large packs. 
The Drover once acted as the cartographer of the Goo, designed to cover a lot of ground as it surveyed planets and mapped out the terrain. Now, the Drover serves as an exploration unit against the Goo’s enemies, employing its speed and a shotgun-like blast in effective hit-and-run tactics.
- The Drover’s high speed makes it ideal for exploring new areas quickly.
- Though a loner by nature, the Drover is most deadly in large packs, able to use its speed and area of effect attack to deliver damage in high volumes.
- Each small protean produces four Drovers, enabling an army to quickly ramp up.
- ↑ Grey Goo - Goo: Agents of Chaos. YouTube. Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- ↑ Petroglyph Games, Grey Box, Grey Goo. January 23, 2015.